Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The circle of life

Got to tell Ella how babies get into Mommy's tummy's yesterday. That was fun. She asked me how they got there and I said to her "when a mommy and daddy really love each other, they make a baby." Stupidly thinking this would apease her. She thought about it for a second then said "No Mom, HOW do they get there?" Hmmmmmmm, sex ed for the 7 year old. How much info to give? So I said "Remember how boys and girls have different private parts? Well, the man puts his private part into the woman's private part. And that makes a baby." All she said was "EWWWWW!" And now my work as a parent is done. I think she knows enough to go out into the world now.

1 comment:

  1. That's what I was thinking: "EWWWWW"! I don't think your work as a parent is done until you tell her about the wicked and seductive uses of tequilia...that a Mommy and Daddy drink when they really love each other.......

    ReplyDelete