Wednesday, August 4, 2010

WWMD

Is it possible to have dementia at 37? There are times that I really think I am crazy. I seem to have a tendency to get really annoyed at things that don't deserve that much thought. For example, I was getting out of my car at work one day and the car next to me had a "WWJD" thing hanging from the rear-view mirror. Instantly my brain went into some sort of annoyance overdrive. How in the hell would I know "what would Jesus do" in any given situation?! The better question is "what would Mehgan do"! I guess that only applies in my life though. My point is, though I don't consider myself religious in any way, my understanding of Jesus and his teachings is to be a good person. Treat your fellow man in a manner that you yourself would like to be treated, golden rule et all. I know there is more to his teachings, but i am summarizing. Back to WWJD, shouldn't I focus on "WWMD"? In my attempt to be a good person, be kind to my fellow man, blah, blah, blah, why do I need to stop and think about what Jesus would do when, clearly, he would have no idea what to do in a modern situation as he died a really long time ago and had no concept of, for example, what to do when an ass-hole cuts you off in traffic. Full ramming speed or let it go? Hopefully I don't burst into flame for voicing this thought.

1 comment:

  1. I get irritated at that thought too because clearly, Jesus would love EVERYONE like he was their father. Here's my point: think of how you love your children. Jesus loves EVERYONE like that. Even the asshole who cuts you off in traffic - that's Jesus/God's child. So even though YOU think he's a jerk, he's Jesus's kid. It's a hard concept to wrap your mind around, I know. I always loved the bumper sticker "Jesus loves you: everyone else thinks you're an asshole" because I have a HARD time imagining WWJD? I think the point is: the closer we can come to imagining our fellow man in the way Jesus thinks of him, the better off we'll do. Now don't ask me about rapists and child murderers. I'm not sure exactly what category they fall into - In my opinion they can burn in the big H. Does Jesus love them too? I have a hard time imagining that. I just don't know.

    I don't think you will burst into flame for voicing your thoughts, though. Jesus already knows you're thinking that and loves ya anyway, silly pants....

    ReplyDelete