Monday, March 15, 2010

I'm not good at titling things

Is a "blog" considered a "blog" if you only post new stuff once a month? Just wondering. Alot has happened in the last month though. Jack is now 10. Such a strange concept, having a child that is now double digits. I know that puberty and the teen years are rushing at us at an alarming rate and if I really stop to think about it, I start to hyperventilate. How is it possible that Jack is that old? My sweet, fat little baby boy is soon to be smelly and hormonal. "Sunrise, sunset. Sunrise, sunset".......I don't think my problem lies in the fact that I am aging as well, I think it has more to do with the speed at which time is passing. Brad and I have been together for 16 years now. 16 YEARS! I can't even wrap my head around that one. My children are healthy and growing, I am married to a man that I love more each day, I have fabulous friends, and a wonderful family that I would not be who I am without them. From the outside looking in, I imagine my life looks pretty perfect. And for that I am thankful.
On a more cranky note, I did not get accepted to Radiology Tech. school. That really sucks! Basically, I have busted my ass for the last year taking all the pre-reqs and driving all over the fucking city delivering transcripts that were supposedly sent (not) to cranky program directors. Sat through a really odd interview, only to be rejected. Oh yeah, got straight "A"'s in all of those pre-reqs too, but apparently that wasn't enough. Bastards! I want to poke you in the eyeballs! KK did send me a loverly card though. Thank you KK.
So, I guess I just continue to work for another year and try again next January.
Forrest Gump was right. Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. I guess right now, I get the strange nougety ones that no one wants to eat.

1 comment: