Monday, February 15, 2010

February 15, 2010 Day 1

So, I am not so vain to think that what goes on inside my head is so important that is must be published for all humanity to read. I think it's more a matter of trying to get all this crap out of my head so that maybe I can sleep better at night. That's the theory anyway.

So for the probable 2 people that will read this (Kristin, you'd better be one of those 2), a small peek into the inner workings of my brain.



First, a little history......I am a regular person most of the time. Though there are times when I think that the real reason I'm tired and have a headache alot of the time has nothing to do with stress or work or family, but is the result of a giant softball sized tumor in my head that is slowly turning my squishy gray matter into a sponge. On the flip side, my capacity to remember medical type terminology/human anatomy stuff has increased. It's like the movie "Phenomenon" without the genious part. Or maybe closer to "Rainman". These are definately not my underwear. Tomato, tomahto..... But I digress. Husband and monkey children are the center of my universe. Life is pretty close to picture perfect most of the time, though there are moments that are a little challenging. Recently Ella has decided that she is incapable of doing anything for herself, that it is my job to cater to her every whim. REALLY ANNOYING! Had to have a discussion the other day, while standing in the parking lot of Price Chopper, about how she should be nice to me because I am her mother, not because she would get some kind of prize in return (she had just asked me if I would buy her something if she was nice to me while we shopped). Princess has her days.

Jack....what to say about Jack. As aggressive, driven, and bulldozer-ish that Ella is, Jack is not. I find it amazing that these 2 came from the same parents. Ahhh, the wonders of genetics. Thinking about how he will turn 10 in less than a month almost makes me hyperventilate. Not only does it reflect the fact that I am getting older, but it reminds me that puberty is just around the corner. I don't think I'm quite ready for that.

I leave you with a bit of wisdom I got off of a restaurant menu...everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

2 comments:

  1. So true...most everybody DOES seem normal until you get to know them. And you know I would follow you and/or your blog until the end of time! P.S. did you mean 'losing'?

    Write some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...also, that is definitely NOT your underwear.....

    ReplyDelete